- JG Pears Power Limited, Thermal Biomass CHP Facility
- Low Marnham, Nottinghamshire
- Thermal Combustion Technology, Aalborg Energie Technik (AET) and Steam Turbine Generator, TGM Kanis
- MBM (Meat and Bonemeal) as fuel at 9.5t/hr; At 41.6MWTE produces a Steam Output of 54.9 t/hr (@102 bara, 482 °C) and 7.89MWe
- EPC contract 21 months. CEL have been contractually engaged from Jan 2015 and will be until April 2020 (O&M)
- Aalborg Energie Technik (AET) / JG Pears Power Limited (JGPP)
COBALT ENERGY’S ROLE
Cobalt Energy provided a cost effective turnkey solution for the JG Pears CHP project, supporting the client through the planning and construction phases.
Cobalt Energy provided the pre-works contractual and commercial diligence as well as developing a robust financial strategy to successful close the project financially.
Once the facility entered the construction phase Cobalt Energy were the Construction and Design Management (CDM) Principal Contractor, managing the electrical and mechanical engineering package. Taking on the owners engineer role we were able to fulfil the clients needs, ensuring that the technical build met project specifications.
We completed a hazard and operability (HAZOP) study for the project and were responsible for the mobilisation of the operations and maintenance team. We also hold a term operational support agreement for this project.